A 22-year-old recent college grad recounts her hike through Turkey with her 62-year-old father.

5.02.2007

Countdown...2 days


After months of planning, we're coming up on the big day! Friday at 8am our flight sets off for JFK, then Istanbul. My dad and I have all our gear pretty well packed and squared away...
Then along came Nina.
Well not really "along came Nina", she happens to be one of my closest friends and we've been discussing Turkey for as long as I've been planning it with my dad. So I guess it's more like, "then along came Saturday"...
Here we are at my graduation last Saturday...also the day she decided to come to Turkey with us. Quick? Yes. Last minute? Of course. But that's why Nina is my best bud and a great asset to the trek--she's flexible, crazy and has a heart to travel.
So we're throwing her together some gear and praying for someone to sublet her LA apartment for the summer. Interested? Lemme know!